Masters in Tourism Management
The department of Tourism and Travel Management was established in the year 1996. Tourism and travel management was introduced as one of the vocational subjects in the college under the UGC’s “Vocationalisation of education scheme”. BBK DAV is the first college of the Punjab to start TTM (Tourism and Travel Management) and MTM (Masters in Tourism Management) and since then, this department has been doing very well by providing skilful and practical guidance to the students to be successful in the professional field. Due to the effective teaching methodology designed by the department i.e. by doing group discussion,seminars, conducting tours, classroom participation etc, the students become quiet skilled in the act of delivering presentation and other practical skills required in this highly competitive service industry.
Activities of the Department
- The tourism department remain active throughout the whole session and undertakes a member of activities from time to time to inculcate practical skills amongst the students.
- The students are taken to a number of renowned, prestigious hotels like Country Inn & Suites, Hotel Mohan International, Hotel MK, Hotel Ista etc. to gain insight into the actual functioning of various department of the hotel.
- Various educational trips and excursions are organised by the department from time to time to various destination to know the facts and the figures, history and the importance of these tourist destinations.
- Lectures on personality development and grooming are also conducted for the students to enhance their personality and develop their grooming skills.
- The students also visit Guru Ram Das International Airport from time to time and interact with the airport officials who gives them knowledge about the aviation sector.
Eligibility: Graduation in any stream with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
Click here for course contents